Social media is undoubtedly the best way to promote your brand values. But to create the best impact on social media, you need to know a few tricks and the most important amongst them is knowing the best time to post on social media. And this blog is to help you decide the best time to post, create maximum impressions and foster engagement with your audience.
Everything mentioned in this blog is about optimizing your post timings which is a great starting point for growing an engaged audience.
I have arranged the list by the number of active users. Ok! Let’s get started!
Best time to post on
Facebook tops the social media network with 2 Billion active users which means there are higher chances for you to build organic engagement. Facebook users on average spend 58minutes every day on facebook. For maximum traction, the best times to post on Facebook,
- Wednesday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m (best day to post on Facebook).
- During Weekdays, 9 a.m.–3 p.m. (Consistent engagement)
Early mornings and evenings, i.e before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m. have the least engagement.
Sunday has the least amount of engagement (worst day to post on Facebook)
As you can see, mid-week is the peak period to post on Facebook. Middle of each weekday, that is from morning to mid-afternoon, as people will frequently scroll the newsfeed during this time to see what’s going on and the count just maximizes during lunch hours. So you can choose anytime in-between as Engagement remains consistent throughout these blocks of time.
Early evenings and late nights have relatively low engagement. During weekends, people log in to post a few updates from weekend activities. So trying to engage your audience during weekends is not a good idea.
Instagram has recently grown to 1 billion active users has more than 600 million daily users and 1.60 % engagement per post. Instagram’s 2019 algorithm and other features are a great help for companies to promote their brands which can be easily done by creating engaging content.
- On average, afternoon is the best time to post on Instagram particularly between 2 PM and 3 PM. However, engagement changes dramatically depending on the day you post.
- For most Consistent Engagement, Wednesday to Friday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM CDT
- Thursday is the best day to post on Instagram, not just at 3 PM, but at 5 AM, 11 AM, and 4 PM as well.
- Best time to post on Instagram is on Wednesday at 10:00 AM CDT
- For B2C Companies, the best day is Wednesday and the best time to post is Saturday at 11:00 AM & 1:00 PM CDT. For most consistent engagement, every day from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM CDT
Sunday and Monday are the worst days to post on Instagram
Here is the list of best timings for each day of the weekDAY TIMINGS Sunday 10 AM – 2 PM CDT Monday 11 AM – 5 PM CDT Tuesday 5 AM, 9 AM – 6 PM CDT Wednesday 5 AM, 11 AM, *3 PM CDT Thursday *5 AM, *11 AM, *3 – 4 PM CDT Friday *5 AM, 9 AM – 4 PM CDT Saturday 11 AM CDT
- = particularly high levels of engagement
Mid-day, particularly during lunch breaks and mid-week, are the best fit for acquiring higher traction. When it comes to B2B companies, posting on weekdays can fetch you more engagement than posting on weekends.
Linkedin has 303 Million monthly active users and there are over 30 million company pages. The average visit duration is around 10 minutes. So LinkedIn can help you connect your brand with more than 450 million professionals across the world. And more importantly, it can help you with generating leads, especially for B2B marketing. As Linkedin is a professional social network, it is often used during work hours.
- Posting between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m will be the best fit.
- The best days to post on LinkedIn are Wednesday, Tuesday and Thursday.
- The best times to post, Wednesday at 9–10 a.m. and 12 p.m.
- For most consistent engagement, post on Tuesday through Friday from 8 a.m.–2 p.m.
Lowest engagement and visibility occurs on Sundays and after work hours.
Engagement rises up on Tuesday as people get through the Monday rush, and decreases uniformly after 3 p.m. Weekends have fairly low engagement, as people step away from their devices and desks on Weekends.
Twitter now has 330 Million active users with 134 million daily active users. This makes Twitter a helpful platform for brands to connect directly with audiences and manage customer care.
- Good times to post 8.00 am- 10.00 am and 6.00 pm- 9.00 pm as both the timings are correlated with morning and evening commutes.
- Lunch hour 12.00 pm to 1.00 pm is the best time to post on Twitter
- Best day to post on twitter is Wednesday
- For maximizing retweets and clickthroughs, schedule posts for noon or 5.00 pm -6.00 pm
- For B2C companies, post during weekends and for B2B companies post during weekdays.
Twitter’s engagement starts rising up a bit earlier in the morning, peaks up during lunch hours and slows down through late afternoon and finally drops at late night. Midweeks have higher engagement and weekends have comparatively less engagement.
These are proved timings that helped people gain more traction and engagement. Therefore when you keep posting quality content consistently at the right time, your social media engagement will increase to a greater extent. If you find any other timings to be beneficial share with us in the comments! :)
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.skcript.com/svr/the-best-times-to-post-on-social-media/